Thursday, June 05, 2008





On my walk this week, I have discovered more wildflowers. The Paw Paw with fruit, Hearts a Burstin', White Milkweed, and a white flower that I am still researching. Its bloom is similar to the Fly Poison, but the leaves are different. I have ordered another wildflower book for the SE United States and a book on rare wildflowers in Georgia. I am hoping that I can identify several that have gone unnamed.

Georgia is starting off the spring hot and dry. The only memory of the storms a few weeks ago are the browning leaves from twisted and fallen trees. We need rain. We have already passed the 90 degree mark, and I am afraid we will repeat last year's record drought. I notice a reduction in the number of plants...probably the results of drought and loss of habitat. I joke about the future and "Tree Zoos" but I realize that it may not be so outrageous. "Green" is in right now. Let's hope it's not too late.

No comments: