Monday, June 30, 2008



For those of you who follow the events at The Cabin Path , you know that animals play an important part in our place. On my web site, I have a Photo Show called "One Safe Place" with many of the animals that we have rescued..(or is it that they rescued us!) I have seen the magical interaction between children and our critters. I hope one day to expand and have an animal therapy program here. The horses, cats, dogs, and wildlife seem to have that secret key that unlocks the soul. They give unconditional love, and they do not judge. A life lesson for all.



We have 2 new additions....2 tiny kittens. Barely 5 weeks old, their family was forced to give all of their pets away because they are being evicted, they will have to move, and they can no longer afford them. Tears streaming down her face, the lady begged that we take them. Having just lost Kuffs, (also a rescued kitten and a family member for 16 years) I suppose we do have a little more room. I have seen stories on the news about hard times for animals. I know how much our feed bills have gone up, and I imagine it will only get worse as the cost of necessities rise. I will need to have a few extra workshops to help pay for shots and neutering, but that will be no problem. Please support your local shelters and rescue groups.

"Until he extends the circle of compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace."
Albert Schweitzer

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You wouldn't be able to live with yourself if you had not taken in these kittens....You've done the right thing. And, you know how to pay for the extra feed - GO SARAH!